Chicken and Chourico Pizza
My mom always made pizza with chourico growing up and I loved it. I have redone it and added more protein - chicken! I love homemade pizza.
- Serves: 1 person
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into small chunks
- flour for dusting
- 1(13.4 ounce) package room-temperature fresh pizza dough
- 1cup tomato sauce
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 5cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½link Portuguese hot chourico sausage - halved lengthwise and sliced into thin half moons
- ¼red onion, sliced thin
- ¼cup banana pepper rings
- 1(8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella & cheddar pizza cheese
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Prepare a pizza pan with olive oil and flour.
Step 2Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the chicken in the hot oil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
Step 3Dust a flat working surface with flour. Roll the pizza dough out to the size of your pizza pan. Place dough on the prepared pan.
Step 4Stir the tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl; spread evenly over the surface of the dough. Scatter, in order, the chicken, chourico, red onion, banana peppers, pizza cheese, and Parmesan over the tomato sauce mixture.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack until the cheese is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Switch the oven setting to broil and cook another 5 minutes.