Herbed Spaghetti Squash
Easy recipe for a simple spaghetti squash that goes great with anything!
- Serves: 2 persons
- 1small spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- ½tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- ½tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ½tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½teaspoon salt
- ⅛teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Step 2Place spaghetti squash halves cut-sides down in a baking dish and add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
Step 3Bake in the preheated oven until the squash can easily be pierced with a sharp knife, about 45 minutes. Turn squash over, cover with foil again, and continue to cook until the squash is very tender, about 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly. Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place into a bowl.
Step 4Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add spaghetti squash strands, chervil, basil, parsley, sage, chives, salt, and pepper and cook until flavors are combined and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.