Fried Paneer Cheese Pakora
Learn how to make vegetarian Indian fried paneer cheese pakora with this simple and quick recipe.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1(250-gram) package Indian paneer cheese, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices or cubes
- 1cup chickpea flour (or gram flour, or besan)
- 2teaspoons ghee, or high-heat cooking oil
- ½teaspoon garam masala , optional
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- ⅓to 1/2 cup water
- Oil, for frying
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Whisk together the chickpea flour, oil or ghee, garam masala, salt, and cayenne pepper. Slowly incorporate water, adding just enough to form a thick batter.
Step 3Dip each paneer slice in batter, turning to coat well.
Step 4Fry in hot oil just until lightly golden brown.
Step 5Serve immediately, as these fried paneer slices are best when they're freshly made and hot.