Sweet Potato, Corn, and Andouille Sausage Soup
My husband had a soup similar to this in a restaurant and loved it. Since they would not share the recipe, this is my interpretation.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1teaspoon peanut oil
- 3andouille sausages, cut into cubes
- 1teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4(14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1(15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
Step 1Heat peanut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season andouille sausage with Cajun seasoning; cook in hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease from the skillet. Set sausage aside.
Step 2Heat vegetable broth in a saucepan over medium heat until warm; add sweet potato and bring to boil. Cook until potato is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir sausage and corn into the broth with the sweet potato. Bring the mixture to a boil and serve immediately.