Low-fat chicken caesar salad
Give typically heavy caesar dressing a lighter makeover by swapping mayonnaise for Greek yogurt – it's lower in fat and calories, but still deliciously creamy.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4skinless chicken breasts
- 2tsp olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 1large Romaine or Cos lettuce , chopped into large pieces
- 1punnet salad cress
- 4hard-boiled eggs , peeled and quartered
- 25g parmesan , finely grated
- 50g anchovy fillets, half chopped, half left whole
- 170g pot fat-free Greek yogurt
Step 1Put the chicken breasts in a large bowl with the olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice, then season. Heat the grill to high. Put the chicken breasts on a foil-lined tray and cook under the grill for 10-12 mins until golden and cooked through, turning once during cooking. Transfer to a plate or board and slice.
Step 2Arrange the lettuce, cress and eggs on a platter or serving plates and top with the cooked chicken. Mix together the Parmesan, chopped anchovies, yogurt and remaining lemon juice, season to taste and pour over the salad. Arrange the whole anchovy fillets on top of each salad.