Pineapple, Coconut, and Macadamia Nut Bread
This amazing pineapple bread is a tropical treat! The quick bread is filled with macadamia nuts, crushed pineapple, and grated coconut.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 3large eggs
- ½cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple , undrained
- ¾cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½cups all-purpose flour, 11 1/2 ounces
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon baking soda
- 6tablespoons melted butter
- 1cup grated coconut or flaked coconut
- ¾cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- ½teaspoon of cinnamon blended in 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
Step 1Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
Step 2In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly; beat in the milk, vanilla, pineapple, and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir into the first mixture until moistened. Stir in the butter, coconut, and all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chopped macadamia nuts, stirring just until well blended. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of reserved macadamia nuts and sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Step 3Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Step 4Remove the pineapple bread to a rack to cool completely.
Step 5Carefully turn the bread out of the pan and wrap in foil. If freezing, seal the wrapped bread in a freezer bag.