Cool-Off-the-Heat Avocado and Watermelon Salad
Lovely cooling salad goes great with spicy or heavy food. It has crisp and sweet watermelon with creamy, buttery avocado topped with a zesty orange, mint vinaigrette. I serve this salad with the main course to cool off my spicy food.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- ¼cup sunflower sprouts
- 1avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ¼cup cubed seeded watermelon
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 6tablespoons orange juice
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1tablespoon heavy cream
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Combine lettuce and sprouts in a bowl. Top with avocado and watermelon cubes. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
Step 2Blend orange juice, vinegar, honey, cream, and mustard in a blender or food processor. Slowly drizzle in 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil while blender is running. Blend in mint, salt, and pepper.