Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce with Gorgonzola
So delicious you'd think the chanterelle mushrooms were magic.
- Serves: 5 persons
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2cups sherry wine
- 1cup vegetable broth
- ¼cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, or to taste
- 4cups diced chanterelle mushrooms
- 1tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- ½teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk sherry wine and broth into the flour mixture, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer.
Step 2Stir in Gorgonzola cheese until melted. Add mushrooms, seasoning blend, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat until sauce has reduced and desired thickness is achieved, about 30 minutes. I think it's just about perfect when the bubbles start to look like a heavy rain hitting the ground.