Nana's Eggs from Contadina®
Eggs are simmered in an herb-infused tomato sauce and served with grated Parmesan cheese for a quick and delicious lunch or light dinner.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- ¼teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1(15 ounce) can Contadina® Tomato Sauce
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¾teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1sprig Fresh oregano
Step 1Heat olive oil in a 9 or 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook stirring constantly until garlic is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 2Stir in tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a simmer. Break eggs gently into sauce, spacing evenly around pan. Cover pan and simmer on low heat 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked as desired.
Step 3Sprinkle eggs and sauce with Parmesan cheese and fresh oregano, if desired.