Quick Easy Vegan Chili
Almost no prep time and versatile--easy to make substitutions to taste and preference! Makes a great dip or hearty main course.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- ½cup chopped onion
- ½cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½cup frozen corn
- ½cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1(16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1(16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1(1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 2tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green bell pepper, corn, and mushrooms; cook and stir until softened and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Add chili beans, salsa, chili seasoning, and mustard. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, 10 to 15 minutes.