My Favorite Sloppy Joes
This is my go-to sloppy joe recipe. Liquid smoke is the key ingredient here.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1cup ketchup
- ¼cup dried minced onion
- 3tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 2tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 1tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1cup beef broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain excess grease. Mix ketchup, dried onion, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, smoke flavoring, and garlic into beef, stirring until brown sugar has dissolved.
Step 2Stir beef broth into beef mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until thick, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.