Slow-Roasted Plum Tomatoes
Garlicky slow-roasted plum tomatoes to eat as an appetizer with crackers, or by themselves.
- Serves: 12 persons
- ½onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 6plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ¼cup olive oil
- 1teaspoon white sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
Step 2Mix together onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and basil in an 8-inch square baking pan; spread evenly in the bottom of the pan. Place tomatoes, cut-sides down, on top of the onion mixture. Drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle with sugar and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3Roast in the preheated oven until tomatoes have started to collapse and are browning around the edges, about 2 1/2 hours.