Pear-Pecan Cheese Ball
Use Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap to shape your cheese ball into a football for a fun game day appetizer. Score the extra point by using slices of bell pepper or cheese to create the laces on top.
- Serves: 24 persons
- 1(8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1medium firm ripe pear, finely chopped
- 1scallion, white and green separated, finely chopped
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon ground pepper
- Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap
- ⅓cup finely chopped toasted pecans
Step 1Stir cream cheese, Cheddar, pear, scallion white, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
Step 2Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Scoop the cheese mixture onto it. Using the plastic wrap to help you, form the cheese mixture into a ball, then completely wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
Step 3Just before serving, combine pecans and the reserved scallion greens in a shallow dish. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture, pressing to adhere.