Rustle up this family-friendly honey chicken, flavoured with garlic, soy sauce, lemon and ginger, in 30 minutes. Serve with rice and broccoli for a filling meal
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4chicken breasts (about 600g), trimmed and cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 40g piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6tbsp soy sauce
- 5tbsp honey
- ½-1 lemon, juiced
- 1tbsp sunflower, vegetable, rice bran or rapeseed oil
- cooked rice and steamed broccoli, to serve (optional)
Step 1Tip the chicken into a bowl, sprinkle over the flour and some seasoning and toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
Step 2Combine the ginger, garlic, soy, honey and half the lemon juice in a bowl. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and fry the chicken for 3-4 mins until lightly golden. Tip in the honey sauce and stir-fry for 10 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. Taste for seasoning and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice, if needed, then serve with rice and steamed broccoli, if you like.