Summer Watermelon Gazpacho
This twist on classic gazpacho will be a welcome, refreshing sight on those hot summer days!
- 4cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 2roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1red bell pepper, chopped
- ½English (seedless) cucumber - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2tablespoons minced shallot
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Step 1Combine watermelon, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, shallot, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld and soup to chill.
Step 2Stir gazpacho before serving, as it has a tendency to separate, and divide between 4 bowls. Top with feta cheese and cilantro.