Buckwheat and Summer Squash Salad
Fresh and hearty.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2cups uncooked buckwheat
- 4cups water
- ½teaspoon salt
- 1large summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1cup cooked garbanzo beans
- ½cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1lemon, juiced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Step 1Bring the buckwheat, water, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Cook at a boil for 7 minutes; drain and pour into a mixing bowl. Refrigerate until cooled to room temperature.
Step 2Place the summer squash, garbanzo beans, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese into the bowl with the buckwheat. Season with lemon juice, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Gently stir until evenly combined; serve at room temperature.