Luxurious Mashed Potatoes for Two
After making mashed potatoes for years, I had an idea of what we liked. One night, it all came together! This recipe is not overly rich but delicious!
- Serves: 2 persons
- 3large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3slices bacon, or more to taste
- ¼cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1tablespoon salted butter, softened
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼cup heavy whipping cream, or more as needed
Step 1Place potatoes in a pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; continue to boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Step 2Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and let cool. Crumble or chop into small pieces.
Step 3Drain potatoes and mash in a bowl. Add Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Stir with a large spoon. Add cream until it is a nice consistency and to your liking.