Veal With Lemon and Mushrooms
In our easy recipe, the veal is quickly sautéed with mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic, and wine, along with rosemary and parsley.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1to 1 1/4 pound thin veal scallops
- 2tablespoons flour
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons butter (divided)
- 6to 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1clove garlic (minced)
- 1teaspoon lemon zest
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2tablespoons dry white wine
Step 1Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Step 2Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper; dust lightly with flour.
Step 3Sauté veal quickly, turning once. Remove veal from pan when browned.
Step 4Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sauté mushrooms until tender and browned.
Step 5Add the veal back to the pan along with garlic, lemon juice and zest, herbs, and wine. Turn to coat; cover skillet and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 6Arrange veal on a platter; spoon mushrooms and pan drippings over the veal. Serves 4.