Vegan Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwiches
These protein-packed breakfast sandwiches are sure to leave you with a happy belly and a smile on your face! Enjoy with a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce!
- Serves: 5 persons
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1(12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- ¾cup canned fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½medium yellow onion, diced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ½teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½teaspoon paprika
- ¼teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1pinch salt to taste
- 1tablespoon vegan mayonnaise, or to taste
- 5each sandwich buns, split
- 1cup fresh spinach
- 1avocado, sliced
Step 1Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Crumble tofu into roughly 1-inch pieces and add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and cook until excess liquid has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, paprika, turmeric, and salt. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Step 2Spread mayonnaise over sandwich buns and top with tofu mixture, spinach, and avocado.